The Boulton House
Since the 1820’s this property has been the site of a milling operation which for many years relied on water for power. The original complex which was built by Hugh Boulton was one of the first of its kind in the area. Later, the mill was owned by Horace Brown and sons, who operated the first roller process flour mill in the community. In 1970, a fire destroyed the five storey grain elevator in the centre portion of the building and this put an end to the use of the mill as a feed and seed commercial operation.
This stone complex is now a privately owned condominium, and, therefore, its parking lot and property is not available for public access to the river. To view the rushing Mississippi River, we encourage our patrons to take a short walk to the small public park at the end of Mill Street, just before the single lane bridge overpass.
What’s Happening At The Boulton House
*Parties of 12 or more may be charged a 18% auto-gratuity
Stop In For A Drink, Stay For A Meal!
35 Mill Street
Carleton Place, Ontario
Sun-Thur 11:30 AM – 10:00 PM
Fri-Sat 11:30 AM- 11:00 PM
Sun-Thur 11:30 AM – 9:00 PM
Fri-Sat 11:30 AM- 10:00 PM